Monday, April 9, 2018

Hugtto! Precure Episode 9 & 10

Episode 9 was one of those episode where I litterally have nothing to say. My mind was blank. It was pretty much about sing songs on the mountain and a little girl Emiru who is all about SAFETY FIRST and has a heart of a hero!!!! That’s it. That’s the episode. There wasn’t a thing about it to progress a plot, pure filler episode- why? I don’t know, but it was utterly pointless in my eyes. So with that, with just skip it altogether and jump into Episode 10, where things get spicy! (And now I’m hungry, darn food festival!)


Episode 10: THIS EPISODE WAS AWESOME! I wasn’t sure if they were going to make Hana regain her powers this episode, but I love that she didn‘t and it came with a huge price: Hugtan over-exerting herself and is now in poor condition. Harry’s frantic response made me wonder if she were to use all of her powers, she will either erase her own existence (die) or be stuck in a coma for god knows how long.


Hana’s conflict this episode was something that has been in a making since Episode 8: Henry had planted the seeds of doubts. Today the girls out to work at the Food Festival, Homare and Saaya were blessed with adorable maid outfits, while the Mirai Pad gave Hana (in her eyes) a not so cute outfit. The reason for that was because Hana simply had a different role to play, and a challenge she needed to face in order to further grow as an individual and as a precure.


Unfortunately Hana failed to realize this, and her day did not get any better. Whenever she tried to be helpful at the Takoyaki stall, the owner would tell her to shut up. Eventually, after getting the chance to taste the food, she was able to successfully create her own unique way of grabbing attention to the stall that has always been unpopular. However, Hana had interpreted the people’s positive response negatively, thinking they were laughing at her for being silly. I felt so bad for her, because we all been there before, making her experience extremely relatable. And these things are prone to happening when your confidence level is at an all time low. For the duration of the episode, Hana was constantly comparing herself to Saaya and Homare, both who were seemingly completing the task at ease. It is a mistake we all make, a die-hard habit that is difficult to break. It is why is it so important to learn and remember we all have respective strengths and weaknesses, and figure that out through various trial and error.


With Hana unable to transform, there was a part of me that was disappointed that neither Homare or Saaya were capable of purifying the monster themselves. I hope their new upgrade (Melody Sword) they will be obtaining in next week’s episode will change that.



And lastly: This is totally irrelevant… but oh my god, I am shipping Hana x Hinose! I know he’s just a music student and a fellow classmate, and certainly does not stand out, and he is probably going to forever be a background/minor character- but oh my god: I just SWOONED. He gave her some great advice: She has her own uniqueness that lets her shine. It is just like the band and how they harmonize each of their own sounds and make beautiful music out of it. What if Hana put her heart into making her own sound that only she can make? (Not to mention, it seems he pays a lot of attention to her, greeting her first and so on… heehee…. I’m reading into this way too much! Haha!)



Extra Note: It is kind of funny how just the week before Episode 9, I was discussing with some of you how double-posts might be the best way to buy time until the series starts picking up itself. Last week’s episode was a perfect example of the times when I am at loss for words and can’t think of anything positive to contribute to the conversation in regards to the episode. My writing style is heavily reliant on Plot and Character Development, as my favourite thing to do is to dissect them in attempt to get a better understanding or idea of the story and characters themselves.


Since I am not willing to give up on this series just yet, and I understand you guys really want me to cover this, from this point on (*exclusively for Hugtto Precure): There may be weeks when an episode like Episode 9 (filler) will be postponed, and release it as a double-post in the following week. When that happens, I will drop an alert on our Twitter, Tumblr (if you aren’t following either one yet, be sure to follow!!!) and in the latest’s episode comment section!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Dorei-ku the Animation – Episode 10

We’ve seen Ryuuou’s backstory from Julia’s point of view. This episode we get Ryuuou’s backstory from Ryuuou’s point of view. His relationsh...